French Key Minister Jean Castex addressed French lawmakers on Russia’s invasion of Ukraine Tuesday, indicating that Russian President Vladimir Putin is ‘fully and solely responsible’ for the war and that Putin ‘lied to Macron, to the worldwide neighborhood, to his very own people’ in alleging that Russian-speaking residents of jap Ukraine are threatened with genocide by Kyiv. Follow our reside web site for the most up-to-date developments.
- On the sixth working day of the war, Russian troops are pushing deeper into Ukrainian territory, advancing on the funds and placing up checkpoints exterior some cities and cities.
- Kharkiv, Ukraine’s next-premier town, was shelled Tuesday early morning, killing at minimum 10 persons, according to a Ukrainian formal.
- The strategic southern port town of Mariupol was without having ability soon after significant shelling.
- The Russian army on Tuesday arrived at the southern Ukrainian town of Kherson near Crimea and is placing up checkpoints on the city’s outskirts, said its mayor.
- In the northeastern city of Okhtyka, practically 70 Ukrainian servicemen were killed in a Russian shelling on Monday, in accordance to the regional governor.
- Russian Chechen chief Ramzan Kadyrov, an ally of President Vladimir Putin, on Tuesday reported two Chechen fighters have been killed and six wounded in his initial casualty report in the war.
- The Global Legal Courtroom (ICC) options to open an investigation into Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and alleged war crimes committed there.
- Kyiv says 352 civilians have been killed, including 14 small children, due to the fact the invasion commenced last Thursday.
- The UN refugee company says far more than 660,000 refugees have now fled Ukraine for neighbouring countries.
Stick to our liveblog underneath. If updates do not show up, make sure you refresh the website page.
(FRANCE 24 with REUTERS, AFP and AP)